Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Fear of the Big "M" word

It is almost six months until my wedding, and it is still not becoming real to me. For years other couples around us have gotten married and it was exciting. Now that my big day is approaching, I don't have doubts or nervousness I feel that I am setting an example for my growing family. Showing my children that having two married parents under the same roof can be beneficial for children. I just feel like the meaning of weddings have become somewhat unimportant to my generation, and maybe nonexisting in generations to come. To fill the gap more couples are domestic partners or just living under the same roof. I feel the 21st century couples don't even get married as much as couples get divorced (which is almost 50%). The 21st century marriage is more about money and prenuptial agreements, than trust and loyalty or family (for better or for worse). . Living together as a couple with children, and being unmarried, and monogamous, is the same as living as a married couple with children. We fear that marriage will change us. But life experiences are the life changers. The fear of a couple getting married are reflections of their own life experiences. Being children of divorced parents can possibly drive some men and women to label marriage as being tied down or other negative things.  In all marriages there should be not only trust, love, and honesty, but also friendship and communication. Getting married should be a positive change....

Please take the marraige poll test & post your comments

1 comment:

  1. hey kass very interesting article & outstanding grammer lol & i do agree with you marriage isnt for everyone but it is good for man & woman to be joined as one flesh, but i know the main reason why folks divorce is really because they have sex before marriage,once that happens the man already had a feel & taste of you so then all he wants is someone different eventually leading to divorce.So all anyone needs to do before getting involved is just ask jesus & he'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete